August 2, 2011
PalpitationsPalpitations are a feeling that your heart is beating irregularly or more strongly or faster than normal. This is a very common and usually minor disorder. Palpitations are sometimes related to smoking cigarettes, or drinking alcohol or caffeine. They may also be brought on by emotional stress or anxiety.
Instructions for care
Call your doctor if
- Avoid caffeine-containing beverages (coffee, tea, colas), alcoholic beverages, and smoking.
- Reducing your stress or anxiety level may also reduce palpitations.
- The doctor in the Emergency Department may recommend that you see your private doctor for further testing or follow-up care soon.
Return to the emergency room if
- You continue to have palpitations or they happen more often.
This information is provided only as an informational resource for consumers. For advice regarding a specific medical condition, please consult your personal physician.
- You have chest pain, shortness of breath, severe headache, dizziness or fainting.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
Pantai Hospital Cheras
Pantai Hospital Ampang
Pantai Hospital Klang
Pantai Hospital Ipoh
Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Batu Pahat
Pantai Hospital Sungai Petani
Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur