Ms. Hiew Kon Thai is a Registered Nurse who began her nursing career in 1985 from University Hospital, Kuala Lumpur. She has also worked in other private hospitals, among them in Kuantan, Pahang and subsequently moved back to Malacca where she is currently based. She has over 20 years experience in health care services where she has worked in surgical wards, paediatrics, obstetric and gynaecological units. She obtained her Nursing Degree from the International Medical University.
During her service as Nursing Supervisor/Nursing Officer, she has acted as an administrative supervisor and nursing educator. Her role has emphasized on the application of Quality Management System in collaboration of hospital achievement (ISO: 2000-9001) and MSQH.
Her current role as Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) in Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh is to exercise the leadership responsibility over nursing practices. The objectives are to maintain effective, competent and to ensure safe cares are delivered to the patient, to improve the quality and standard of nursing in the hospital and to enhance role satisfaction and retention among nurses.
Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh, committed to first-rate services embarked on its quality journey to provide better service and care where we maintain the Accreditation of MSQH (Malaysian Society for Quality in Health) by:
1. Reviewing complaints from patients. Ensuring customer satisfaction and expectation be exceeded.
2. Reinforcing to all the staff to have a strong belief in our Corporate Culture, Vision, Mission and Core Values, thus always providing superior customer services to our value customer.
3. Monitoring of quality performance indicators to ensure action taken in the correct manner and plan to be implemented effectively.
4. Accessing staff performance to assure compliance towards the policies, procedures and guidelines set up by the organization.
5. Continuing updating and upgrading in clinical skill and knowledge among the nursing staff and to encourage and support all nursing staff in their career and professional development.
Ms. Hiew strongly believes that with full commitment and continuous improvement from all the nursing staff, we will be able to deliver safe and quality nursing care to patients.