Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Services
Physiotherapy prevents, identifies, corrects and alleviates acute or prolonged movement dysfunction with an emphasis on mobility, independent lifestyle and wellness. Our team of experienced physiotherapists provide tailored advice and intervention treatment.
Therapy is available for:
- Sport injuries
- Back and neck pain (including sciatica and whiplash injuries)
- Work-related injuries
- Postural problems due to, or resulting in muscle imbalances
- Post-operative rehabilitation, including joint arthroscopy, reconstructions or replacements
- Overuse injuries (muscle, tendon or ligament problems)
- Balance problems
- Pains in any joints such as knees, shoulders, elbows, hands and feet
- Neuro-rehabilitation for those who suffered from stroke, Parkinson disease, traumatic head injuries, and cerebral palsy
- Physical development problems in babies and children
- Post-natal problems
- and many more
Treatment may include:
- Manipulation - High velocity exercises to restore normal movement
- Mobilisation - Applied movements to reduce stiffness and relieve pain
- Manual handling techniques with emphasis on functional training
- Rehabilitative exercise - exercise programmes to enhance movements and restore weak muscles
- Electrotherapy - A variety of techniques including ultrasound and electrotherapy to relieve pain and enhance healing process
- Counselling and patient education
Occupational Therapy (OT) is the use of assessment and treatment intervention planning. aimed at maintaining or improving patient's independence with Activities of Daily Living (ADL). These include self-case, homemaking tasks, and work/school and leisure activities. Through OT, we help improve our patient's functional use of the hand and shoulders, assist children with developmental delays or learning disabilities to achieve their highest potential; address problems with cognition and visual perception and offer advice on appropriate assisted devices/aids. Our team also offers counselling and education to both patient and family members.
Speech Language Therapy
Our Speech Therapy team provide prevention, screening, assessment, treatment, management and consultation for patients of all ages with communication and/or swallowing disorders. We also provide career training and education to patients as well as counselling and education to family members or communication partners.
We offer therapy to those having difficulties in the following areas:
- Communication difficulties resulting from neurological diseases e.g. stroke, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, motor neurone diseases
- Hearing impairment
- Articulation or pronunciation of sounds and words
- Children speech and language delay
- Language-associated learning disabilities
- Swallowing difficulties
- Voice problem
Specialised Exercise Therapy
We offer specialised exercise therapy to encourage positive lifestyle changes for the benefit of our patient's health. Our specialised team is dedicated in developing customised and specialised exercises for various stages of health in both Gyrotonic® and Pilates programmes.
GYROTONIC®, the Total Movement Therapy
A form of exercise based on spiralling, flowing, multi-directional movements to help improve strength, flexibility and coordination allowing freedom of movement without restriction to speed and motion patterns using the Gyrotonic® pully tower equipment. It encourages improvement on body movements.
A form of exercise in enhancing the versatility of the body movement by developing the proper use of core muscle groups through the abdomen, lower back and shoulder girdle. It also encourages better posture.