Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Services
Our Rehabilitation Centre provides a wide range of rehabilitation services to help our patients on their road to recovery. Our facility is equipped to facilitate our patients’ progress in treatments such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy as well as speech and language therapy among others. A wide variety of exercise-based programmes are tailored to suit our patients’ individual needs.
Pantai Integrated Rehab has a strong team consisting of over 100 Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists and Speech and Language therapists. We commit strongly to Continuing Professional Development and are apply best practices to offer patients the best possible rehabilitation and wellness programmes.
Occupational therapy involves a detailed assessment and treatment aimed at promoting independence with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) such as self-care, homemaking tasks, as well as work / school and leisurely activities. Our Occupational Therapists specialise in helping our patients improve the functional use of their hands and shoulders; assist children with development or learning disabilities to achieve their highest potential; address problems with cognition and visual perception as well as offer advice on appropriate assisted devices/ aids in order to carry out your normal ADL. Counselling and patient education are also available.
Our physiotherapists help patients with physical symptoms and movement impairments due to injuries or diseases to regain their mobility and health.
Our services include:
- Back/Neck Rehabilitation: Pain management, postural and ergonomics assessment, and core strengthening exercises are but some of the techniques that may be used to reduce and manage the symptoms of acute or chronic pain during daily life.
- Rehabilitation for sports injuries: Pain management, activity modification and assessment/correction of sporting techniques are used to shorten recovery time and allow our patients to participate in the sports they love.
- Post-operative rehabilitation: Proper guidance and exercise prescription are given to rehabilitate our patients back to their pre-injury condition, especially after ACL reconstruction, rotator cuff repair or total knee/hip replacement.
- Cardiorespiratory physiotherapy: Rehabilitation after cardiothoracic surgeries such as bypass surgery, valve replacement surgery and lung/abdominal surgeries are given as a prevention strategy and help manage consistent cardiothoracic activity to achieve a better quality of health.
- Neuro-rehabilitation: Comprehensive exercise regiments to help regain normal muscle movement and function after stroke, spinal cord injury, head injury, and other injuries.
- Vestibular (balance) rehabilitation: an exercise-based rehabilitation programme to treat patients with vertigo and imbalance resulting from inner ear deficits or central nervous system disorders.
Other services include:
- Post-natal exercises: The most important exercise in the first few days after birth is the pelvic floor exercise. Our physiotherapists can guide you with exercises for after-birth recovery.
- Onco-rehabilitation: Physiotherapists will design exercise programmes for patients to help them rebuild their ability to function at a minimum level of dependency & optimise their quality of life.
Speech Language Therapy
Speech Language Therapy helps patients improve their communication, eating, drinking and / or swallowing abilities through a series of treatments. Our Speech and Language Therapists will conduct a thorough assessment and provide treatment and management for both adult and paediatric patients. We also provide education and training for family members, carers and/ or nursing staff.
Our centre offers home therapy especially for patients who are unable to visit our centre. Our team of medical experts will visit the patient in the comfort of their homes to provide the best care and treatment during their recovery process.